Sunday 2 September 2012

KOREAN CORN TEA




I always enjoy sipping on hot Korean corn tea when dining out in Korean restaurants.  I decided it was time l had my own supply at home.  The owner of my local Korean supermarket was most helpful and advised that using corn tea bags cannot be compared to the 'real thing'.  The 'real thing' according to her is corn tea made with roasted corn kernels (see photo above).  Under this advice I purchased a bag of roasted corn kernels and headed home to make tea.

To make the tea simply place about 3 tablespoons of the roasted corn kernels into 10 cups of water and boil in a saucepan for 5-20 minutes (depending on how strong you like your tea). Then discard the corn kernels and the tea is ready for drinking. No sugar is needed.

I highly recommend giving corn tea a shot if you haven't already. 

Happy tea drinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment